QC July 2020 Newsletter
We are pleased to announce that we will be open
for in person shopping, by appointment, beginning July 7th!
Thank you everyone for continuing to support Quilting Confections during this difficult time. We have missed you! Our new store hours, beginning July 7th, will be:
Sunday & Monday Closed
In an attempt to keep staff and customers safe, there will be a limit of two shoppers in the store at any time. We require all customers and staff to wear masks and sanitize or wash their hands upon entering the store. Please let us help you gather your items; all you have to do is point! We are taking appointments for approximately 20 minutes at a time so that we can sanitize between customers. If you are looking to find fabric for a larger project, please let us know so that we can set aside more time for you. To book your appointment, please call the store at 519-250-8888, or email email@example.com. Curbside pick up will continue to be an option; just call or email your order to us.
Sale Fabrics on Facebook
All sale fabrics will be posted on Facebook with a date. The discount is 25% off 1 metre minimum and 40% off if you finish a bolt. You can order them by calling the store, by email, or by booking an appointment to see them in person. We try to fill orders by date and time received to keep things fair, as the fabric sells quickly.
Square Dance BOM
At this time, June and July kits are ready to be picked up. As you can imagine, the supply chain has been affected by the pandemic, so solid black (and white) fabric is not available. This may affect the August kits; we will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
We will continue to help you choose fabrics for your projects. If you have a quilt or other projects that you want to work on, why don’t you consider letting us be your personal shopper? You can send us a pattern and colour suggestions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to put something together that pleases you.
Quilters Trek replaces Row by Row this year and the theme is True Blue. Each store is to provide four 9” blocks that can be put together into an 18” square or a 9” x 36” row. There are two prizes of 15 fat quarters available to two winners with a finished quilt between July 15 and October 15. You must have blocks from at least eight stores in your quilt. This year you are able to have our kit mailed to you, but you must come to the store if you would just like to pick up the free pattern. Sue designed our pattern this year and it’s beautiful! There are four flowers, native to Essex County, to be raw-edged appliqued onto a pieced and quilted background. The kit is priced at $39.97, all you need to add is a scrap of batting and backing.
As part of Quilters Trek, there is also a junior program called Castle Trek. This year we are participating with a kit priced at $39.97. There are instructions included in the pattern to make a 24” pillow. Our kit is in the Trek’s theme of blue, but I can see it in pink or purple, too!
Classes continue to be canceled for the foreseeable future. Refunds have been issued for classes scheduled for May and the rest of the year. Please let us know if you have been missed.
Baby Lock Machine Servicing
We continue to service machines. Please contact us if your machine needs some attention.
Guidelines for Shopping Safely at QC
1. Make an appointment for 20 minutes. Or let us know if you are gathering fabric for a large project so we can set aside more time for you. We need time to sanitize between appointments. Curbside pick up will continue to be an option.
2. This appointment is just for you, please come alone. We will allow two customers in the store at a time, practicing social distancing.
3. Wear a mask (we will too!) and use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the store.
4. Try not to touch anything. We are here to help you gather your items.
5. Please do not cross the line taped to the floor at the back of the store where the cutting tables are now located.
6. Be mindful of your time allotment – there may be others waiting for their appointment and we must sanitize between customers. We hope you understand that we really miss everyone and would love to visit, but circumstances just don’t allow for that at this time.
7. Have a good idea of what you need. Bring a list, samples to match, measurements, etc. to allow for an efficient shopping experience.
8. Be mindful of the other businesses in the plaza. Give lots of space for others to move about.
Thank you for your cooperation. If we continue to follow these guidelines, hopefully we can get back to normal operations sooner. We appreciate your business. Keep safe and keep sewing!
Heather and the QC staff.hanks,